I believe God is building up a generation of woman who know how to fight.
I believe that now more than ever before. He’s searching for women who will be fiercely His.
When I was going through the hardest time in my life I had to learn to rely on God otherwise I wouldn’t have made it. I had to fight to know Him. I had to fight to save my marriage and my family.
I distinctly remember wanting to just give up.
I would lay in bed and drown myself in sorrow. I’m so thankful for my mom. One day she said to me, “Shannon you need to get up. You need to get up and take care of your kids.” A flip switched inside of me that day. I realized that I could either lay there and drown myself which would indirectly result in hurting my girls, or I could get up. Get up and fight.
And you can too.
#fierceFriday is a place where woman share their story(s) of how they had to fight through something in order to survive. It’s a place for you to find encouragement when you want to do anything but fight. The first Friday of the month there will be an article either by me or someone else and I hope you’ll join me in reading!
This was birthed out of a series I did in July 2016 entitled “Fiercely His.” Several writers joined with me to share stories like this. The response was so incredible that I had too many writers for the month so I felt led to start #fierceFriday.
If you have a story that you’d like to submit please email me!
Here are a couple of things to remember before submitting your story.
- Your writing should be conversational like you are sitting with a friend drinking coffee.
- Please be real and authentic. Life is hard. Women need to hear that they are not alone. Authenticity breeds healing!
- Your article should be between 700-1000 words.
- A submission does not guarantee publication.
- I reserve the right to edit article for clarity and readability.
- Articles must be original. (not published anywhere else)
- Send article in the body of contact form.
- Last, please keep in mind that you will be CHANGING LIVES with your writing. Please PRAY before you write, PRAY as you write and PRAY before you send to me. PRAY without ceasing!
Once I’ve read your story I will contact you! Be patient with me, pretty please!