Pores be gone! I say this often. Pores are my constant enemy. If there is anything I could change about my outward appearance it would be those darn pores. I consider them a four letter word. With that said, our pores do serve a purpose. If we didn’t have them we would suffer from horribly cracked, dry and unhealthy skin.
Whatever. So, its best to just deal with them and try to hide them as much as possible. Before we go on I want to add that I’m not working with any brands, sponsors, or affiliates. I have tried &/or use/used all of these products and all opinions are my own.
Here are my favorite PORES BE GONE pore refining/minimizing products.
1. Pores No More Pore Refiner- Dr Brandt. I really like this product. Applied prior to foundation, it’s a quick fix for flawless, photo ready skin. It has a matte finish and goes on smooth. My only problem with this product is the packaging. DR. BRANDT please change this! It is a tube with a pump that can’t be removed so its impossible to squeeze out and use every bit of the product. Plus, by the end of the tube, the product tends to get dry and really thick so you end up only being able to use about 3/4 of the tube. Extremely annoying!!
2. The POREfessional- Benefit – It’s actually a lot like Pores No More- only without the pump. Its matte, can be worn without makeup and goes on silky smooth. It really does create a flawless canvas. I call it spackle for my skin, and I can use ALL of the tube, rather than only 3/4.
3. DDF Wrinkle Resist Pore Minimizer – This is a serum. I REALLY liked this product. It’s a little pricey, but well worth it. I stopped buying it because Sephora discontinued it but I just realized Ulta carries it which makes me giddy!
4. Garnier Optical Blur 5 second Instant Smoother – I liked this product and was pretty impressed. For only around $15 I was satisfied. It is clear, lightweight and mattifies and smooths. Will it replace my other products? Probably not, but I did like it.
5. Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub – I’m a firm believer in exfoliating and this product is amazing. It polishes the skin with natural grains and leaves it feeling smooth.
6.) Cover FX Blemish Treatment Primer – This blemish treatment primer works to improve blemishes, allowing them to breathe underneath makeup, and it is formulated with tea tree oil and salicylic acid to treat them during wear. Now, let me tell you my funny story about this product. First it would be an amazing product for someone who actually has blemishes and needs shine control. I however, am not that person. I USED to be that person. I don’t like shine, I don’t like oil. I don’t like to “glow.” This beauty trend of having glowing skin is not for me. So, I bought this product hoping that it would completely mattify my skin. Oh it mattified my skin alright! I was a cakey mess!
7. Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser – This is one amazing product! It smells heavenly and made my skin silky smooth. I can’t use it daily though but 2-3 times a week is perfect!
I really want to try Perricone MD Enlarged Pores Kit – if any of you have tried it please give me feedback!
So that’s my scoop for the day! PORES. Even though this is something that I really
hate dislike about my skin, I’ve learned to embrace the flaws, try to hide them and love myself. Loving myself makes me love my family more. It allows my real beauty to shine through. Being confident in my beauty is something I have struggled with, but something that I must do to be a true Christ follower. I love each and every one of those darn pores because they make up ME. I do. (I really am speaking it, huh?) I know I said I hated them before, but I don’t. I do actually. That’s all!
Oh, and I love you!!